So my goal of getting all our holiday blogs done was on schedule until our wonderful computer decided not to keep power!! We are back in action now, but unfortunately I'm on the road in Harrisburg, PA. Therefore, I don't have the patience to post pictures and all that jazz while sitting in the airport! haha Today was actually one of the reasons I LOVE my job. (Don't get me wrong there are some things I still don't love about my job too :-) Through some connections I have we were approached to sponsor an organization called the Big 33. GTM was able to become the official sponsor of the cheerleaders. What I liked about this organization is the kids willingness to partner with a "Buddy". Each student athlete is paired with a special needs individual. They also stay with host families. I heard so many stories today, but one in particular almost brought me to tears. It was parents of a girl that had cancer and now they are trying to organize getting a slushie machine in every childrens hospital for cancer patients. Go to http://www.big33.org/ to learn more about my day or go to http://www.angel34.org/
What a day! It makes you feel good to know that there are organizations out there still trying to teach kids about the importance of life lessons and how to be a caring individual and not just about being an all star on the team and getting your name up in lights.
Signing off for today! Hope to blog again later in the week when life slows down:-) Oh, wait that never happens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment